Alisan Porter and Adam Lambert 'Talked Every Single Day' Throughout Her Journey on The Voice: 'He's Just So Supportive and Wonderful'

Alisan Porter and Adam Lambert 'Talked Every Single Day' Throughout Her Journey on The Voice: 'He's Just So Supportive and Wonderful',The Voice , Alisan Porter

After being crowned the winner of The Voice's tenth season, Alisan Porter has a lot of gratitude for not only her coach, Christina Aguilera, but also her family and friends, including Adam Lambert. 
"Oh my God, Adam – I think we talked every single day throughout this process and from beginning to end, with song choices, with outfits – he's so particular," Porter, 34, told reporters after the finale on Tuesday. "He's like, 'Your makeup tonight was perfect except for this.' And I'm like, 'Okay, well Adam said...'" 
Because Lambert – who appeared on the eighth season of American Idol – has been through a similar process before, he knew just what to say to keep Porter at ease. 
"We bicker a lot because he's like, 'You need to sing a current song!' and I'm like, 'No, I don't,'" she joked. "He's just so supportive and wonderful. He's always, always supported me, always wanted me to continue trying to do this work, so I think just having him as a role model, seeing what he's been able to do and knowing that he wanted the same for me." 
The roles were reversed in 2009 when Porter offered her support during Lambert's stint on Idol. 
"I was there when he was doing Idol ... picking songs, sitting at the cafés, what should you sing. It was so crazy to have him be able to do the same thing for me," the singer said. 
"He's touring the world himself and fronting Queen, so for him to be taking time to call me and see how I'm doing and 'How's your spirit? How's your body? How's your soul?' Those are the things that true friends really care about through all of this because you really can get trampled if you’re not prepared for what this work was." 
Porter, who expressed her excitement on the fact that she is no longer looked at as the former Curly Sue actress, is also looking forward to a bright future. 
"The ride doesn't end here," she previously told PEOPLE. 'I'm going to keep going and making as much music as humanly possible."


Previous
Next Post »
Thanks for your comment